We Support Personal Goals
The person is at the center of all we do at Richmond Community Services. With a focus on reaching individual goals, the site-based Day Habilitation program actively encourages participants to develop their unique interests and skills and to celebrate their diverse cultures. The program supports people in achieving their highest level of independence while they work side-by-side with trained staff including nurses, physical therapists, and direct support professionals (DSPs).
From opportunities for independence and participation within the community to activities that improve functional mobility skills, Day Habilitation respects choices as individuals engage in meaningful activities.
What Supports and Activities are Part of the Program?
- Monthly "All About Me" meetings help facilitate person-centered programming.
- Integration of the MOVE philosophy which focuses on basic mobility skills such as sitting, standing, walking, and transitioning, with or without the use of specialized equipment.
- Learning skills to become self-advocates.
- Sensory room for quiet moments of relaxation and sensory activities.
- Computer room with available technology for individuals to work toward their goals.
- Immersion in the community through volunteerism, employment, and participation in activities and events.
- Opportunities to engage with books (through independent reading and shared stories), math concepts, and science and art activities.
- Seasonal and individual celebrations that bring together the Day Habilitation community.
- Outdoor games and trips.
Where and When Does Day Habilitation Take Place?
Programs are from 9:00am-3:00pm
We have two locations:
272 N. Bedford Road, Mount Kisco
919 N. Broadway, Yonkers
Individuals do not need to be a resident of Richmond Community Services to be a part of the program. Transportation is provided.
For further information about Day Programs, please contact Monique Johnson at 914-471-4176 or email@example.com.